Re: Flat Mizzen Sails

  • Nels
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 19, 2006
      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "John and Kathy Trussell"
      <jtrussell2@...> wrote:

      If you sheet the mizzen
      amidships and lower the main, the boat will lie more or less head to
      wind and
      drift backwards slowly--useful if you need to take a break or figure
      out what to
      do next.

      I recall many moons ago that PCB gave some advice on how best to rig a
      stormsail/trisail (?) for a Chebacco so that it would hold position
      when hove to. Anyone recall that post?

      (Seems to me it was rigged like a small jib from the mizzen mast with
      the tack attached to a cleat near the companionway or something like
      that.)

      Nels