Re: [bolger] Re: Oldshoe Photos

    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 4, 2006
      Peter Lenihan>
      > Ya know,.....those glorious photos really should be posted in
      > the "files" section so that we all can see the big pictures and not
      > those wee ones that the photo section only permits.....

      Is it just my imagination, or has Yahoo recently changed their photo
      size limitation?!?
    • Joe Tribulato
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 8, 2006
        There is room in the photos section of this group and I have posted some.

        This Oldshoe was built in 1988 from plans purchased from Elrow LaRowe
        who later sold his business to Bernie Wolford. It was kept outdoors
        under a tarp and showed no significant deterioration except for loose
        paint at some joints and edges. It was glued with epoxy and fastened
        with bronze ring nails. Coated with epoxy in and out. Glass on chines
        only as I recall. Paint was oil primer and enamel. Pretty good for 17
        years. Most of that time it was on the California central coast where
        we get some rain in the winter. I sanded and repainted it for the
        first time in the summer of 2005 when it was sold to Rosalie
        Gammelgaard in Seattle. Before taking it home we took it to the Giant
        Five Day Messabout in San Diego where these photos were taken. Rosalie
        is seated, in hat. I am behind the camera. Any Questions?

        Joe T