Proas

  • craig o'donnell
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 4, 2006
      http://www.duckworksmagazine.com/06/designs/proa/index.htm

      A passing mention of PCB's small proa; but there are several pix of an
      interesting proa by R.B. Roosevelt which is Bolgerian in its simplicity and
      cleverness.

      Sometime a Part II will have more detail on Commodore Monroe's proa.
      --
      Craig O'Donnell
      Sinepuxent Ancestors & Boats
    • john h wright
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 4, 2006
        I will carefully re read this article several times. It is a good
        compilation of the good and problem features of the Proa form with
        quality incite into why and how with a historical perspective. A must
        read!
        Thank you. friend of Wanda
        and Chief Proaoligest

        On Wed, 4 Jan 2006 07:50:37 -0500 craig o'donnell
        <dadadata@...> writes:

        > http://www.duckworksmagazine.com/06/designs/proa/index.htm
        >
        > A passing mention of PCB's small proa; but there are several pix of
        > an
        > interesting proa by R.B. Roosevelt which is Bolgerian in its
        > simplicity and
        > cleverness.
        >
        > Sometime a Part II will have more detail on Commodore Monroe's
        > proa.
        > --
        > Craig O'Donnell
        > Sinepuxent Ancestors & Boats
        > <http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~fassitt/>
        > The Proa FAQ <http://boat-links.com/proafaq.html>
        > The Cheap Pages <http://www.friend.ly.net/~dadadata/>
        > Sailing Canoes, Polytarp Sails, Bamboo, Chinese
        > Junks,
        > American Proas, the Bolger Boat Honor Roll,
        > Plywood Boats, Bamboo Rafts, &c.

        > dead horses
        > posts
        > Fax: (978) 282-1349
        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • craig o'donnell
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 4, 2006
          >I will carefully re read this article several times. It is a good
          >compilation of the good and problem features of the Proa form with
          >quality incite into why and how with a historical perspective. A must
          >read!
          >Thank you. friend of Wanda
          >and Chief Proaoligest
          >
          >On Wed, 4 Jan 2006 07:50:37 -0500 craig o'donnell
          ><dadadata@...> writes:
          >>

          >><http://www.duckworksmagazine.com/06/designs/proa/index.htm>http://www.duckworksmagazine.com/06/designs/proa/index.htm
          >>
          >> A passing mention of PCB's small proa; but there are several pix of
          >> an
          >> interesting proa by R.B. Roosevelt which is Bolgerian in its
          >> simplicity and
          >> cleverness.
          >>
          >> Sometime a Part II will have more detail on Commodore Monroe's
          >> proa.

          You're welcome. Chuck at Duckworks did an excellent job of formatting and
          adding extra links to the basic text.