Re: Dysfunctional Greetings From the Land of Snow

  • Peter Lenihan
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 1, 2006
      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Chamberland" <cha62759@t...> wrote:
      > Beat until stiff:
      > Beat in:
      >beat until very light:

      'tis a good thing,I tell ya,that we all know that Bob is talking about
      an egg-nog recipe and not offering instructions for attaining some
      momentary state of carnel bliss as we commune with Eros :-)....Good
      God!....even the sequence is right!

      I must confess that all this experimenting with egg-nog for the sake
      of science is heady stuff for me since I am really just a wine,port
      and beer drinking kind of boatnut.And now with Bob going from the
      called for 1 cup of rum to a quart of the stuff...with happy
      results...I'll be very lucky to just recall my first name and
      age,never mind the best recipe :-)

      Then again,no one ever said good science was easy:-D

      Thanks for the different twist Bob!

      Sincerely,

      Peter Lenihan, beginning to wonder if other amateur boat building nuts
      drink because they like the taste or do they drink because they like
      the state(of mind,that is!) that their drink provides
      them.....hmmmmmm....sounds like another research project all in the
      name of science..........
    • craig o'donnell
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 4, 2006
        http://www.duckworksmagazine.com/06/designs/proa/index.htm

        A passing mention of PCB's small proa; but there are several pix of an
        interesting proa by R.B. Roosevelt which is Bolgerian in its simplicity and
        cleverness.

        Sometime a Part II will have more detail on Commodore Monroe's proa.
        --
        Craig O'Donnell
        Sinepuxent Ancestors & Boats
      • john h wright
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 4, 2006
          I will carefully re read this article several times. It is a good
          compilation of the good and problem features of the Proa form with
          quality incite into why and how with a historical perspective. A must
          read!
          Thank you. friend of Wanda
          and Chief Proaoligest

          On Wed, 4 Jan 2006 07:50:37 -0500 craig o'donnell
          <dadadata@...> writes:

          > http://www.duckworksmagazine.com/06/designs/proa/index.htm
          >
          > A passing mention of PCB's small proa; but there are several pix of
          > an
          > interesting proa by R.B. Roosevelt which is Bolgerian in its
          > simplicity and
          > cleverness.
          >
          > Sometime a Part II will have more detail on Commodore Monroe's
          > proa.
          > --
          > Craig O'Donnell
          > Sinepuxent Ancestors & Boats
          > <http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~fassitt/>
          > The Proa FAQ <http://boat-links.com/proafaq.html>
          > The Cheap Pages <http://www.friend.ly.net/~dadadata/>
          > Sailing Canoes, Polytarp Sails, Bamboo, Chinese
          > Junks,
          > American Proas, the Bolger Boat Honor Roll,
          > Plywood Boats, Bamboo Rafts, &c.

          > dead horses
          > posts
          > Fax: (978) 282-1349
          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • craig o'donnell
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 4, 2006
            >I will carefully re read this article several times. It is a good
            >compilation of the good and problem features of the Proa form with
            >quality incite into why and how with a historical perspective. A must
            >read!
            >Thank you. friend of Wanda
            >and Chief Proaoligest
            >
            >On Wed, 4 Jan 2006 07:50:37 -0500 craig o'donnell
            ><dadadata@...> writes:
            >>

            >><http://www.duckworksmagazine.com/06/designs/proa/index.htm>http://www.duckworksmagazine.com/06/designs/proa/index.htm
            >>
            >> A passing mention of PCB's small proa; but there are several pix of
            >> an
            >> interesting proa by R.B. Roosevelt which is Bolgerian in its
            >> simplicity and
            >> cleverness.
            >>
            >> Sometime a Part II will have more detail on Commodore Monroe's
            >> proa.

            You're welcome. Chuck at Duckworks did an excellent job of formatting and
            adding extra links to the basic text.