Re: Eggnog (totally off topic, sorry)

  • Peter Lenihan
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 1, 2006
      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, Patrick Crockett <pcrockett@n...> wrote:
      >> If it's just you, this should last for a couple of weeks.

      Patrick,

      Thank you ever so much!!! I look forward to giving this one an
      honest try and hopefully raising many a happy toast to your granna!
      And God bless your soul for your charitable estimate of a "couple
      of weeks"......Le Baron de Kingston,aka Big Bad Bruce Hestor, based on
      observable phenomena,would more accurately guess but a few days.But
      then again,he and I have hollowed out a couple of bottles of port in
      gig time and gone looking fer more....just before supper....in the
      middle of the week....thirsty pirates we is :-D

      Thanks Agin Patrick!

      Sincerely,

      Peter Lenihan,suddenly inspired to buy more eggs......from along the
      chickenless shores of the mighty cold St.Lawrence..........
    • Peter Lenihan
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 1, 2006
        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Chamberland" <cha62759@t...> wrote:
        > Beat until stiff:
        > Beat in:
        >beat until very light:

        'tis a good thing,I tell ya,that we all know that Bob is talking about
        an egg-nog recipe and not offering instructions for attaining some
        momentary state of carnel bliss as we commune with Eros :-)....Good
        God!....even the sequence is right!

        I must confess that all this experimenting with egg-nog for the sake
        of science is heady stuff for me since I am really just a wine,port
        and beer drinking kind of boatnut.And now with Bob going from the
        called for 1 cup of rum to a quart of the stuff...with happy
        results...I'll be very lucky to just recall my first name and
        age,never mind the best recipe :-)

        Then again,no one ever said good science was easy:-D

        Thanks for the different twist Bob!

        Sincerely,

        Peter Lenihan, beginning to wonder if other amateur boat building nuts
        drink because they like the taste or do they drink because they like
        the state(of mind,that is!) that their drink provides
        them.....hmmmmmm....sounds like another research project all in the
        name of science..........
      • craig o'donnell
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 4, 2006
          http://www.duckworksmagazine.com/06/designs/proa/index.htm

          A passing mention of PCB's small proa; but there are several pix of an
          interesting proa by R.B. Roosevelt which is Bolgerian in its simplicity and
          cleverness.

          Sometime a Part II will have more detail on Commodore Monroe's proa.
          --
          Craig O'Donnell
          Sinepuxent Ancestors & Boats
        • john h wright
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 4, 2006
            I will carefully re read this article several times. It is a good
            compilation of the good and problem features of the Proa form with
            quality incite into why and how with a historical perspective. A must
            read!
            Thank you. friend of Wanda
            and Chief Proaoligest

            On Wed, 4 Jan 2006 07:50:37 -0500 craig o'donnell
            <dadadata@...> writes:

            > http://www.duckworksmagazine.com/06/designs/proa/index.htm
            >
            > A passing mention of PCB's small proa; but there are several pix of
            > an
            > interesting proa by R.B. Roosevelt which is Bolgerian in its
            > simplicity and
            > cleverness.
            >
            > Sometime a Part II will have more detail on Commodore Monroe's
            > proa.
            > --
            > Craig O'Donnell
            > Sinepuxent Ancestors & Boats
            > <http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~fassitt/>
            > The Proa FAQ <http://boat-links.com/proafaq.html>
            > The Cheap Pages <http://www.friend.ly.net/~dadadata/>
            > Sailing Canoes, Polytarp Sails, Bamboo, Chinese
            > Junks,
            > American Proas, the Bolger Boat Honor Roll,
            > Plywood Boats, Bamboo Rafts, &c.

            > dead horses
            > posts
            > Fax: (978) 282-1349
            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • craig o'donnell
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 4, 2006
              >I will carefully re read this article several times. It is a good
              >compilation of the good and problem features of the Proa form with
              >quality incite into why and how with a historical perspective. A must
              >read!
              >Thank you. friend of Wanda
              >and Chief Proaoligest
              >
              >On Wed, 4 Jan 2006 07:50:37 -0500 craig o'donnell
              ><dadadata@...> writes:
              >>

              >><http://www.duckworksmagazine.com/06/designs/proa/index.htm>http://www.duckworksmagazine.com/06/designs/proa/index.htm
              >>
              >> A passing mention of PCB's small proa; but there are several pix of
              >> an
              >> interesting proa by R.B. Roosevelt which is Bolgerian in its
              >> simplicity and
              >> cleverness.
              >>
              >> Sometime a Part II will have more detail on Commodore Monroe's
              >> proa.

              You're welcome. Chuck at Duckworks did an excellent job of formatting and
              adding extra links to the basic text.