Re: [bolger] Re: Question on glassing

  • Eric OHiggins
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 28, 2005
      Couple of points of response:
      1 -- System 3 is very clear that, although they own
      Industrial Formulators which makes the Cold Cure
      brands, they do not guarantee chemical compatibility
      and strongly advise curing and depending on mechanical
      bonding.
      2 -- I've encountered extreme amounts of amine blush
      when temperatures get too low. I have found it easy
      to remove with water while still at the green stage
      (followed by a superficial scraping). The partly
      cured System 3 has not been noticeably affected by
      this treatment. If it gets water on it TOO early it
      gets white on the surface but that will disappear in
      time.
      Eric
      --- Nels <arvent@...> wrote:

      > Industrial Formulators Canada has a free PDF firmat
      > manual available . . . I expect it could apply to
      other products especially
      > System Three
      > who now owns IFC . . .
      > >(Nels wrote) " I generally use System Three epoxy
      and they say
      > that you can get a chemical bond, up to 72 hours
      after it sets. I