Re: [bolger] Digest Number 2736

  • catboat15@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 18, 2005
      In a message dated 12/18/2005 4:51:59 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
      bolger@yahoogroups.com writes:

      How much of a welder do you need to weld a boat trailer?

      When I was a dumb teen aged kid we used to weld new spring perches on Model
      A frames to accept a V-8 engine. Used torch and coat hanger wire for rod. But,
      sure don't recommend that process any more. At that age we thought we were
      immortal, and we did kill off some of us with our home made cars. At the very
      least find a night school course at some local trade school and learn some
      welding and maybe use the schools equipment for your job. (after you gain the
      necessary skills) Or better yet have the instructor "show you how" by welding
      the critical joints.