Re: [bolger] Re: Early Christmas Present

  • Bill Turnbull
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 18, 2005
      True. My U.S. centric view blinds me to those of you in other parts of
      the world. Shame on me.....

      I have run the perl script on a portion of the email messages. I'll explore
      that more today. I'm just about finished dividing the messages into folders
      by year.

      But, I'm sure that we could work out the cost if need be. As far as
      searching them, there are tools. If you use windows, you can use the windows
      search tool. If you run unix, you can use find and grep. On windows you
      also have:

      I'm sure there are more.

      The files themselves are about 106MB (without html). Here is a sample of
      the first email posted to the group:

      From Richard Spelling <richard@...> Wed Jul 14 07:39:38 1999
      Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 09:35:13 -0500
      From: Richard Spelling <richard@...>
      To: bolger@egroups.com
      Subject: [bolger] planing schooner

      Gregg, you say on your web page that your schooner "planes", with bursts
      to 10 knots... Isn't this a displacement hull? Or do the lines fall into
      the semi-displacement category?

      BTW, what is the sail area on the thing?

      eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/bolger