Another "Manatee?"

  • alert2paint
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 14, 2005
      Has anyone (else) built a Bolger Manatee? Is Jim Melcher's ALERT the only one? Would
      enjoy seeing another--Jim
    • Dave Gentry
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2008
        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "alert2paint" <alert2paint@...> wrote:

        > Has anyone (else) built a Bolger Manatee? Is Jim Melcher's ALERT the only one? Would
        > enjoy seeing another--Jim

        Well, I just saw one last week, in Maple Bay, BC (Canada, Vancouver Island, SE coast). I'm
        pretty darn sure it's a copy of Alert/Manatee. It's called "Yellow Fin" or "Yellow Fir" and it
        motored right by me as I was anchoring, much to my slack jawed amazement! You could have
        knocked me over with a feather. I managed to gasp out "Is, is that Manatee??!," but they
        denied it. They did confirm the PCB origin, though - not that that was ever in doubt.
        Later I kayaked over to where it was moored, in a drying basin, and took some pics - I'll
        post some.

        My quick search of the forum revealed only this older post - sorry if this is old news. It's new
        to me!
      • Dave Gentry
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 2, 2008
          My bad, I meant Moccasin, not Manatee. I got them confused. Clearly I need to start carrying
          those books around with me . . . .
        • Harry James
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 2, 2008
            Moccasin!!! Thats even better. Its my all time favorite Bolger. I would
            love to see, touch and drool on one.

            HJ