Re: Diamond

  • Nels
    Message 1 of 75 , Dec 1, 2005
      File uploaded in a folder called "Diamond" over at:

      It's a big high rez file for ease of printing out - but I will make a
      smaller version later on.

      Nels

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, Wesley Cox <inspirfe@d...> wrote:

      > Intriguing, but I'm not personally fond of "deflatable boats" as the
      > author calls them. No "leeway control device" allowed in the
      > competition! I guess gentlemen really don't sail to windward :).

    • Lincoln Ross
      Message 75 of 75 , Apr 5, 2006
        I'm not sure the quoting is still accurate in this thread. In any
        case, I'm sure the Dynel is good if the issue is just abrasion.
        However, I think at the partners, and perhaps elsewhere, localized
        crushing is part of the picture. In that case I'm guessing fiberglass
        would remain superior. Not that you couldn't have a bit of dynel over it.

        > One layer of dynel is 6 times as abrasion resistance as 1 layer of 6oz
        > glass per some tests in Boatbuilder several years ago.
        >
        > HJ
        >
        > pvanderwaart wrote:
        > >> What about armoring the mast with fiberglass and epoxy at the
        > >>
        > > partners and other wear
        > >
        > >> points? Or wrapping it with some other thing to prevent wear?
        snip