Re: Diamond

  • Nels
    Message 1 of 75 , Dec 1, 2005
      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, Wesley Cox <inspirfe@d...> wrote:

      > Yes, for me, too. :) I'm intrigued but can't find info. and didn't
      > have an MAIB subscription in Feb. Thanks.
      >
      > Sam Glasscock wrote:
      >
      > >Nels, I somehow missed the MAIB write-up. Can you
      > >post any information about Diamond?

      OK - I will scan and post ASAP.

      In the meantime here is another idea:-)

      http://www.watertribe.com/Magazine/August2003/Contents.aspx?
      ucPtr=Matt.ascx

      or:

      http://tinyurl.com/cdk26

      or:

      http://users.frii.com/uliasz/wayfarer/ec2004c.htm

      and click on the michigan quote.

      Nels
    • Lincoln Ross
      Message 75 of 75 , Apr 5 6:56 AM
        I'm not sure the quoting is still accurate in this thread. In any
        case, I'm sure the Dynel is good if the issue is just abrasion.
        However, I think at the partners, and perhaps elsewhere, localized
        crushing is part of the picture. In that case I'm guessing fiberglass
        would remain superior. Not that you couldn't have a bit of dynel over it.

        > One layer of dynel is 6 times as abrasion resistance as 1 layer of 6oz
        > glass per some tests in Boatbuilder several years ago.
        >
        > HJ
        >
        > pvanderwaart wrote:
        > >> What about armoring the mast with fiberglass and epoxy at the
        > >>
        > > partners and other wear
        > >
        > >> points? Or wrapping it with some other thing to prevent wear?
        snip