Re: [bolger] Toto Double Paddle Canoe (was: Trolling motor for Micro Take 3)

  • William Samson
    Message 1 of 75 , Dec 1 8:43 AM
      Not a Toto, but very similar, with same midships cross
      section is Bolger's Payson Pirogue.

      It was the most fun boat I ever had - light, stable
      and trouble-free. I'm sorry I ever sold it.

      Bill

      PS Jim Michalak once had a Payson Pirogue, and I
      strongly suspect it was his starting point for
      designing Toto.

      Yahoo! Model Search 2005 - Find the next catwalk superstars - http://uk.news.yahoo.com/hot/model-search/
    • Lincoln Ross
      Message 75 of 75 , Apr 5, 2006
        I'm not sure the quoting is still accurate in this thread. In any
        case, I'm sure the Dynel is good if the issue is just abrasion.
        However, I think at the partners, and perhaps elsewhere, localized
        crushing is part of the picture. In that case I'm guessing fiberglass
        would remain superior. Not that you couldn't have a bit of dynel over it.

        > One layer of dynel is 6 times as abrasion resistance as 1 layer of 6oz
        > glass per some tests in Boatbuilder several years ago.
        >
        > HJ
        >
        > pvanderwaart wrote:
        > >> What about armoring the mast with fiberglass and epoxy at the
        > >>
        > > partners and other wear
        > >
        > >> points? Or wrapping it with some other thing to prevent wear?
        snip