Re: fast brick detail

  • adventures_in_astrophotography
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 7, 2005
      Hi Derek,

      > Interesting. The longer hulls have a CLR farther aft, but since the
      > sail rig isn't any further back I'd surmise that PB&F expect the
      > balance to be largely unchanged. By eye [looking at the MAIB
      > pictures] it doesn't appear that the aggregate CLR on the long hull
      > will be more than a few inches aft of that of the short hull.

      The plans note that the boat is supposed to be trimmed down by the
      head for either rowing or sailing, which will keep the CLR forward in
      any case. It will be difficult to attain this trim when single-
      handed in my 12-footer, since the tiller length is restricted by its
      folding design.

      > That's a downwind rig anyway, is it not? :)

      PF&F state that it might get to windward in some conditions. I
      wouldn't count my sailing skill as one of those conditions.

      Jon Kolb
      http://www.kolbsadventures.com/boatbuilding_index.htm