Re: fiberglass roller/matt vs brush/cloth

  • Stefan Probst
    Message 1 of 21 , Nov 4, 2005
      --- "Gene T." <goldranger02-boats@y...> wrote:

      > Stefan,
      > Drop the rollers in vinegar when you are done with
      > them.

      The vinegar tip was one of the main reasons that I got my aversion
      against epoxy fillets down to a manageable level. ;)
      If I put the scraper/spatula/palette knife into the vinegar, most of
      the epoxy actually dissolves. A small amount (at the edge) might get
      hard, but that can be scraped off fairly easily.

      > It breaks down the liquid Epoxy and makes
      > cleaning easy. We are talking about the metal ridged
      > rollers aren't we?

      No. About the soft ones, like used for painting.

      The hard ones I was thinking about would be something that uses parts
      of PVC pipes....

      Stefan