Re: Delaware Trawler Yacht Concept (revisited)

  • Nels
    Message 1 of 41 , Nov 3, 2005
      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "donschultz8275" <donschultz@i...>
      wrote:
      > So wouldn't you buy Jochems plans and change the superstructure to
      > appear as you wish?

      I would suggest that a person view the videos of the Jochems by
      PCB&F or Bjorn Harbo before deciding on any changes to the
      superstracture.

      After viewing either one it would be very challenging to decide what
      needs changing in the design! Like Birdwatcher and Whalewatcher, it's
      form follows its function without compromise and this soon becomes
      apparent when viewed in it's totality.

      And that schooner rig with all sails set is awesome from any kind of
      of angle or backlit situation! Not to mention that it sails so
      effortlessly without anyone having to get excited, that it may be
      somewhat boring after awhile. The jib is self-tending and I believe
      Bjorn set the staysail on the "wrong side" and Esmeralda never even
      noticed. Of course the winds were quite light at the time.

      Nels
    • bharbo@online.no
      Message 41 of 41 , Nov 4, 2005
        "Nels" <arvent@...> writes:

        > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "donschultz8275" <donschultz@i...>
        > wrote:

        > I would suggest that a person view the videos of the Jochems by
        > PCB&F or Bjorn Harbo before deciding on any changes to the
        > superstracture.

        If anybody is still interested, my very amateurish
        home-made-sailing-video is still available.

        > And that schooner rig with all sails set is awesome from any kind of
        > of angle or backlit situation! Not to mention that it sails so
        > effortlessly without anyone having to get excited, that it may be
        > somewhat boring after awhile. The jib is self-tending and I believe
        > Bjorn set the staysail on the "wrong side" and Esmeralda never even
        > noticed. Of course the winds were quite light at the time.

        ahrmm... "wrong side"? not all the time.... (blush blush)