Re: [bolger] Re: Monhegan

    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 30, 2005
      > For about the same money and labor, you could build
      > Wenda which is probably a more useful boat.

      18' Monhegan has an inboard diesel motor, which is just the right
      thing if that is what you want. Wenda has no motor, and no
      reasonable way to have a motor, which is again just the right
      thing if that is what you want.

      Wenda is 25% long than Monhegan, and probaly about 15%
      more work to build the hull. Wenda would be cheaper [by the
      cost of the motor.]

      All things equal, I want both of these boats, but would build
      a Wenda first, I think it is more beautiful.