Edey's "Shory" and 50 foot schooner drawing

  • gbship
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 30, 2005
      Several years ago, WoodenBoat magazine had an article by Mait (I think
      that was his first name) Edey, of Edey & Duff, on a boat Bolger had
      designed for him. They would up with a 32-footer that Edey called
      a "shory" or a combination sharpie and dory hull. Had twin
      centerboards, as I recall. Anyway, does anyone, who's more organized
      than me, know what issue that was? That was a cool boat, but there was
      also a drawing of a 50-foot schooner that was a concept only but which
      should set you I-60 admirers drooling. It looked about 8 feet wide, had
      two low cabins. Not a lot of living space, but gorgeous to look at.
      Shoal draft with a ceterboard for us thin-water people. As I understand
      it, this was never done as finished plans and I think Bolger had some
      reservations about it, but what a beauty. . . I want to look it up and
      feast my eyes on it again.

      Gary Blankenship
    • bharbo@online.no
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 30, 2005
        "gbship" <gbship@...> writes:

        > centerboards, as I recall. Anyway, does anyone, who's more organized
        > than me, know what issue that was? That was a cool boat, but there was

        Issue 92, pages 96-101