Lenihan royalties......

  • sctree
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 15, 2005
      Built a crossbeam today. It had to be strong.

      Got me thinking what I could do to insure it was well constructed.
      The mental light bulb went on when I recalled the "Lenihan Never Fail
      Ultimate Epoxy Squeeze Hollow Join Method" (or whatever it's called).
      You may remember reading the occasional rants proclaiming the value
      of this epoxy technique.. Dish out one surface with a grinder
      allowing for a pocket of epoxy which becomes captive (as opposed to
      squeezing out) as the parts are clamped together. Well I used it...
      Worked great. Only trouble is I failed to ask permission from the
      patent owner... I can only imagine the penalties that I'll have to
      add to whatever the usual tribute payments are for the use of this
      method...

      Rick
      Resting easy looking at my now guaranteed strong crossbeam, yet at
      the
      same time a bit uneasy considering the to few bottles of port
      remaining
      in the wine locker my be insufficient for a royalty payment.
    • Peter Lenihan
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 16, 2005
        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "sctree" <sctree@y...> wrote:

        Gee Rick,thanks!

        Here is a link to the joint in question,just scroll down a bit
        to "hollow":

        it has the rather pedestrian appellation of "HOLLOW JOINT" but I can
        easily see myself becoming rather attached to your choice naming of
        it :-)

        Seeing as it was a method passed on to me freely many many years
        ago,it would be terribly treacherous of me to presume or assume
        royalities due.

        Mind you,a well bundled and padded bottle of Port arriving in my mail
        box would certainly be a treat,whatever the occassion :-D

        I'm pleased you recalled this method and trust your new beam will
        serve admirably its function,without failure,for many years to come.

        If you didn't live so far away,I'd be inviting you over to my boat
        shop where we could both decant some nice Port while I give you the
        royal tour of Windermere...which may take some time as we would also
        have to down a number of stinky cheeses and a bagette or
        two.....rough life up here,I tell ya!

        So.....tell us about your beam....how big and for which boat :-)

        All the best!

        Sincerely,

        Peter Lenihan,aka "hollow man",resting heavily on my posterior while
        a few pounds of excellent supper and a few goblets of wine become
        better acquainted in the grand ballroom of my lower gut,from along
        the dark shores of the raging St.Lawrence........