Re: [bolger] Bolger, Payson partnership

  • John B. Trussell
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 4, 2005
      Though the designer shall remain nameless, I once purchased a set of plans
      with a 1 " error on the side panels at the stem. The bilge panels obviously
      didn't fit. The solution was to install a "stealer" with what amounted to a
      fiberglass butt strap to "weld" the stealer to the bilge panel. Worked
      fine, though the lines of the finished boat differed slightly from the lines
      as drawn.

      Unless you are trying to build a one design which must be "measured" (in
      which case stitch and glue is probably not a good construction method,
      Mirror Dinghies being the exception which proves the rule), I don't think
      hitting the measurements exactly is as important as getting the boat
      straight and true.

      John T