Re: [bolger] Re: Best Dinghy

  • John B. Trussell
    Message 1 of 111 , Oct 3, 2005
      I built a Thomaston Galley many years ago. Never tried to tow it, but it
      was very wet in a chop, and boarding over the bow could be a major
      adventure!

      JohnT
      Message 111 of 111 , Oct 5, 2005
        Here's 'Red Racer' a PDRacer #38, tow-planing?

        http://tinyurl.com/c8mt7

        Or howsabout Skimmer? With 4 aboard you wouldn't want more'n 2HP,
        and her performance under 7ft oars would never be sparkling, but
        empty at 8 knots she'd have to plane, wouldn't she? What total
        displacement is she rated for? Have a look at the rest of photo
        folder #23 here

        http://tinyurl.com/9975g

        Graeme