Re: [bolger] Re: Best Dinghy

  • John Bell
    Message 1 of 111 , Oct 3, 2005
      From: "graeme19121984" <graeme19121984@...>

      | Ask him specificallly about towing at 8 knots.

      Towing my Sunfish at 8-12 knots is a scream. Water shoots out of the
      daggerboard slot like a geyser, quickly filling the little footwell cockpit.
      Being the brilliant guy I am, I thought "A-ha, I'll just leave the
      daggerboard in place to plug the hole!" Only my idea wasn't nearly so
      brilliant as me, 'cuz the boat promptly veered off in an entirely different
      direction and capsized.
    • graeme19121984
      Message 111 of 111 , Oct 5, 2005
        Here's 'Red Racer' a PDRacer #38, tow-planing?

        http://tinyurl.com/c8mt7

        Or howsabout Skimmer? With 4 aboard you wouldn't want more'n 2HP,
        and her performance under 7ft oars would never be sparkling, but
        empty at 8 knots she'd have to plane, wouldn't she? What total
        displacement is she rated for? Have a look at the rest of photo
        folder #23 here

        http://tinyurl.com/9975g

        Graeme