Re: Best Dinghy

  • Bjorn Harbo
    Message 1 of 111 , Oct 3, 2005
      > I have a note from the web from December00 with the identification
      > http://mims.com/mailb/junebug.htm that concludes:
      > "The one weakness of "June Bug", though, is towing. A bow of this
      > shape is prone to yaw if the forefoot cuts the water, as can happen
      > in a following sea or if it slews into the quarter wave of the towing
      > boat. In the next issue we'll show a new design for a tender for
      > which good towing behavior was emphasized."
      >
      > The source of the quote was not identified, but it sounds like Phil
      > Bolger in MAIB. Does anyone know what is the "new design for a
      > tender"?

      I think it was/is the "Donovan Tender"
      Bjorn
    • graeme19121984
      Message 111 of 111 , Oct 5, 2005
        Here's 'Red Racer' a PDRacer #38, tow-planing?

        http://tinyurl.com/c8mt7

        Or howsabout Skimmer? With 4 aboard you wouldn't want more'n 2HP,
        and her performance under 7ft oars would never be sparkling, but
        empty at 8 knots she'd have to plane, wouldn't she? What total
        displacement is she rated for? Have a look at the rest of photo
        folder #23 here

        http://tinyurl.com/9975g

        Graeme