Re: Best Dinghy

  • David
    Message 1 of 111 , Oct 2, 2005
      Jack,

      Sorry, but I have to ask... by any chance - did Cap'n Scurvey's Best
      Blackjack Rum have anything to do with this double-vision? Could be
      the sun, but the symptoms point to rotgut.<G>

      Cheers,
      David Graybeal
      Portland, OR.

      "The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind" -
      Humphrey Bogart

      ***********************

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "BARBARA SPOERING" <b.spoering@w...> wrote:
      > Hi All - I've had an interesting thought but in the back of my
      mind I'm sure someone in the Bolger group knows enough to shoot down
      my balloon - - -
      > I like multihulls and thought of building the "Rubens
      Nymph" , but cutting out the extra foot in width from the bottom and
      bringing those side edges up to meet the fore and aft seat, effectivly
      creating a catamaran type hull. It won't be any lighter but will
      have the stability of the Rubens and carrying capacity of the original
      Nymph, (I don't need more) might even be a bit easier to row ?????
      Any Thoughts

      > Aloha - Jack - Ft Lauderdale
      > Maybe it's the hot sun downn here?
    • graeme19121984
      Message 111 of 111 , Oct 5, 2005
        Here's 'Red Racer' a PDRacer #38, tow-planing?

        http://tinyurl.com/c8mt7

        Or howsabout Skimmer? With 4 aboard you wouldn't want more'n 2HP,
        and her performance under 7ft oars would never be sparkling, but
        empty at 8 knots she'd have to plane, wouldn't she? What total
        displacement is she rated for? Have a look at the rest of photo
        folder #23 here

        http://tinyurl.com/9975g

        Graeme