Re: [bolger] RE: Best Dinghy

  • Harry James
    Message 1 of 111 , Oct 2, 2005
      Past experience towing small prams says the Rueben's Nymph should tow
      well with the tow point low on the bow transom, especially as it has a skeg.

      HJ

      Sam Glasscock wrote:

      >Thanks for all the suggestions. One criterion I
      >neglected to mention was small and light enough to
      >pull aboard if required. Applying that to the boats
      >suggested, the ones that seem to fit best are the
      >Rueben's Nymph and the Sherpa. Has Anybody actually
      >towed these designs? How do they do?

    • graeme19121984
      Message 111 of 111 , Oct 5, 2005
        Here's 'Red Racer' a PDRacer #38, tow-planing?

        http://tinyurl.com/c8mt7

        Or howsabout Skimmer? With 4 aboard you wouldn't want more'n 2HP,
        and her performance under 7ft oars would never be sparkling, but
        empty at 8 knots she'd have to plane, wouldn't she? What total
        displacement is she rated for? Have a look at the rest of photo
        folder #23 here

        http://tinyurl.com/9975g

        Graeme