Re: [bolger] RE: Best Dinghy

  • Sam Glasscock
    Message 1 of 111 , Oct 2, 2005
      Thanks for all the suggestions. One criterion I
      neglected to mention was small and light enough to
      pull aboard if required. Applying that to the boats
      suggested, the ones that seem to fit best are the
      Rueben's Nymph and the Sherpa. Has Anybody actually
      towed these designs? How do they do?

      --- Will Samson <willsamson@...> wrote:

> [...]

      __________________________________
      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • graeme19121984
      Message 111 of 111 , Oct 5, 2005
        Here's 'Red Racer' a PDRacer #38, tow-planing?

        http://tinyurl.com/c8mt7

        Or howsabout Skimmer? With 4 aboard you wouldn't want more'n 2HP,
        and her performance under 7ft oars would never be sparkling, but
        empty at 8 knots she'd have to plane, wouldn't she? What total
        displacement is she rated for? Have a look at the rest of photo
        folder #23 here

        http://tinyurl.com/9975g

        Graeme