Re: Sternwheeler

  • Howard Stephenson
    Message 1 of 111 , Oct 2, 2005
      Steve,

      I can't promise anything, but maybe later this week I might be in a
      position to put up a couple of sketches. I'm off off somewhere else
      for a few months (Honiara, if anyone knows where that is) and won't
      know whether it will be possible until I get there. Right now it
      isn't.

      Howard

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Bosquette" <mainesal5@y...>
      wrote:
      > Come on Howard where's your courage???
      > Maybe I can build a small version to see how it works.
      > Can you draw something so I am sure of what you have in mind?
      >
      > The best way to find if my idea would work
      > > would be to build it -- and I have no intention of going there.
    • graeme19121984
      Message 111 of 111 , Oct 5, 2005
        Here's 'Red Racer' a PDRacer #38, tow-planing?

        http://tinyurl.com/c8mt7

        Or howsabout Skimmer? With 4 aboard you wouldn't want more'n 2HP,
        and her performance under 7ft oars would never be sparkling, but
        empty at 8 knots she'd have to plane, wouldn't she? What total
        displacement is she rated for? Have a look at the rest of photo
        folder #23 here

        http://tinyurl.com/9975g

        Graeme