Re: Old Motorsailer (ADA) vs. New Motorsailer (cutwater)

  • denisnh
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 1, 2005
      Thanks all for the responses. Bolger actually made the updates to
      the new FMS for someone overseas who wasn't happy with the dipping
      lug rig. There is an article within the last year or so I think in
      Messing About in Boats. I can find that for you if you like.

      I agree. The new FMS is of much greater volume. I've looked over
      the lines and, being a neophyte on boat design, it boggles my mind
      how the box keel gradually turns into conventional multi-chine hull
      as it approaches the stern. To be honest, though, I really don't like
      the cutwater design very much.

      The first thing that came to mind after seeing the picture of Ada at
      the end of the FMS section in the book was Diablo or Sam Clyde! So
      my suspicions proved correct. Many thanks for your inputs!

      Denis

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "donschultz8275" <donschultz@i...>

    • Clyde Wisner
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 3, 2005
        You might contact PCB as he still has plans and presumably, some study
        material on both versions of FMS. Clyde

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 3, 2005