Re: [bolger] Re: Best Dinghy

  • John B. Trussell
    Message 1 of 111 , Oct 1, 2005
      See "Defender" in Small Boats. 11 ft--capable of carrying four in a
      "middling seaway" (whatever that might be)--enough stability to get over the
      bow--tows easily. Not a good model for a motor--complicated to build. And
      proof that PCB can design very pretty boats if he is so inclined.

      John T
      Message 111 of 111 , Oct 5, 2005
        Here's 'Red Racer' a PDRacer #38, tow-planing?

        http://tinyurl.com/c8mt7

        Or howsabout Skimmer? With 4 aboard you wouldn't want more'n 2HP,
        and her performance under 7ft oars would never be sparkling, but
        empty at 8 knots she'd have to plane, wouldn't she? What total
        displacement is she rated for? Have a look at the rest of photo
        folder #23 here

        http://tinyurl.com/9975g

        Graeme