Re: Sternwheeler

  • Steve Bosquette
    Message 1 of 111 , Sep 29, 2005
      Howard
      That's an interesting concept. It would allow nothing in the water but
      the wheel. Perhaps the powertrain could be on the same platform as the
      wheel assembly and pivot that way. I wonder how far the pivot range
      would have to be to give good steering control.

      Steve

      > in two halves. The vehicle is steered by a couple of hydraulic rams
      > that kind of bend the chassis around a central pivot point.
      >
      > Howard
    • graeme19121984
      Message 111 of 111 , Oct 5, 2005
        Here's 'Red Racer' a PDRacer #38, tow-planing?

        http://tinyurl.com/c8mt7

        Or howsabout Skimmer? With 4 aboard you wouldn't want more'n 2HP,
        and her performance under 7ft oars would never be sparkling, but
        empty at 8 knots she'd have to plane, wouldn't she? What total
        displacement is she rated for? Have a look at the rest of photo
        folder #23 here

        http://tinyurl.com/9975g

        Graeme