Re: Gypsy with centerboard

  • gbship
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 28, 2005
      > One way of avoiding this is to cover the slot with a long strip of
      thin, stiffish rubber, with a slit all the way along for the CB to
      emerge. When the CB is down, the rubber springs back to cover the rest
      of the slot. (Hope that makes sense - needs a pic!)

      > This trick has been used on racing dinghies for many years, to try
      and eliminate drag from that source.

      > Bill

      Yep, I wound up doing something like that on the 30 footer & I think it
      added a knot to the speed....

      Gary