Kingston Messabout Pictures

  • Andrew Butchart
    Message 1 of 27 , Sep 14, 2005
      Made you look!

      Actually I'm looking for some. My son and I forgot to bring our camera
      but there were lots of others there.

      Any pictures yet?

      Andrew Butchart
    • Susan Davis
      Message 2 of 27 , Sep 14, 2005
        > Any pictures yet?

        I didn't shoot any film on Saturday because I was too busy fixing the
        boat, but I shot about half a roll on Sunday. I'll shoot the other
        half in the other Kingston over the weekend, and hopefully have photos
        next week.

        Surely, someone else must have their photos available by now?

        --
        Susan Davis <futabachan@...>
      • Bryant Owen
        Message 3 of 27 , Sep 14, 2005
          There were lots of pics being taken with digitals so, yes, there
          should be some available now. I've lots of pics via my disposable and
          certainly some of Andrew! Mine will be ready next week so allowing
          some time for scanning - a couple of weeks at my current schedule.

          Bryant

          --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Susan Davis" <futabachan@y...> wrote:
          > > Any pictures yet?
          >
          > I didn't shoot any film on Saturday because I was too busy fixing the
          > boat, but I shot about half a roll on Sunday. I'll shoot the other
          > half in the other Kingston over the weekend, and hopefully have photos
          > next week.
          >
          > Surely, someone else must have their photos available by now?
          >
          > --
          > Susan Davis <futabachan@y...>
        • Stefan Gutermuth
          Message 4 of 27 , Sep 14, 2005
            I Have digital pictures, but am not sure how to post them, or where to post
            them for all to view. Please advise where the best location is. I've tried
            to post pictures at the Bolger Website, but seem to run out of file space
            before I start.

            Thanks, Stefan

            I didn't shoot any film on Saturday because I was too busy fixing the boat,
            but I shot about half a roll on Sunday. I'll shoot the other half in the
            other Kingston over the weekend, and hopefully have photos next week.

            Surely, someone else must have their photos available by now?

            --
            Susan Davis <futabachan@...>

            Bolger rules!!!
            (978) 282-1349
            Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Susan Davis
            Message 5 of 27 , Sep 14, 2005
              --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Stefan Gutermuth" <stefan-g@m...> wrote:
              > I Have digital pictures, but am not sure how to post them, or
              > where to post them for all to view. Please advise where the best
              > location is. I've tried to post pictures at the Bolger Website,
              > but seem to run out of file space before I start.

              Try Bolger5 or Bolger6, or "Messabout". (You'll need to join
              whichever group you post to, obviously.) Links to bolger5 and bolger6
              are on the home page for the main Bolger group.

              It was really great meeting you! After seeing your Watervan, Amanda
              now wants to pitch in and help on the next project....

              --
              Susan Davis <futabachan@...>
            • edt_978
              Message 6 of 27 , Sep 14, 2005
                Hi,

                I've created an Album in Bolger 6 Photos and uploaded 5 shots.
                Really enjoyed the messabout!

                Ed Tomlinson

                wrote:
                > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Stefan Gutermuth" <stefan-g@m...>
                wrote:
                > > I Have digital pictures, but am not sure how to post them, or
                > > where to post them for all to view. Please advise where the
                best
                > > location is. I've tried to post pictures at the Bolger Website,
                > > but seem to run out of file space before I start.
                >
                > Try Bolger5 or Bolger6, or "Messabout". (You'll need to join
                > whichever group you post to, obviously.) Links to bolger5 and
                bolger6
                > are on the home page for the main Bolger group.
                >
                > It was really great meeting you! After seeing your Watervan,
                Amanda
                > now wants to pitch in and help on the next project....
                >
                > --
                > Susan Davis <futabachan@y...>
              • Bryant Owen
                Message 7 of 27 , Sep 14, 2005
                  Ed

                  You asked about your first pic. That's Andrew Buchart and co. and IIRC
                  it's a CDD Pirogue.

                  Bryant

                  --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "edt_978" <tomlins@c...> wrote:
                  > Hi,
                  >
                  > I've created an Album in Bolger 6 Photos and uploaded 5 shots.
                  > Really enjoyed the messabout!
                  >
                  > Ed Tomlinson
                  >

                  > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Susan Davis" <futabachan@y...>
                  > wrote:
                  > > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Stefan Gutermuth" <stefan-g@m...>
                  > wrote:
                  > > > I Have digital pictures, but am not sure how to post them, or
                  > > > where to post them for all to view. Please advise where the
                  > best
                  > > > location is. I've tried to post pictures at the Bolger Website,
                  > > > but seem to run out of file space before I start.
                  > >
                  > > Try Bolger5 or Bolger6, or "Messabout". (You'll need to join
                  > > whichever group you post to, obviously.) Links to bolger5 and
                  > bolger6
                  > > are on the home page for the main Bolger group.
                  > >
                  > > It was really great meeting you! After seeing your Watervan,
                  > Amanda
                  > > now wants to pitch in and help on the next project....
                  > >
                  > > --
                  > > Susan Davis <futabachan@y...>
                • edt_978
                  Message 8 of 27 , Sep 14, 2005
                    Thanks Bryant,

                    BTW any member should be able to add the to folder... Hint Hint

                    <grin>
                    Ed

                    --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Bryant Owen" <mariner@n...> wrote:
                    > Ed
                    >
                    > You asked about your first pic. That's Andrew Buchart and co. and
                    IIRC
                    > it's a CDD Pirogue.
                    >
                    > Bryant
                    >
                    > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "edt_978" <tomlins@c...> wrote:
                    > > Hi,
                    > >
                    > > I've created an Album in Bolger 6 Photos and uploaded 5 shots.
                    > > Really enjoyed the messabout!
                    > >
                    > > Ed Tomlinson
                    > >

                    > > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Susan Davis" <futabachan@y...>
                    > > wrote:
                    > > > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Stefan Gutermuth"
                    <stefan-g@m...>
                    > > best
                    Website,

                    > > > Try Bolger5 or Bolger6, or "Messabout". (You'll need to join
                    > > > whichever group you post to, obviously.) Links to bolger5 and
                    > > bolger6
                    > > > are on the home page for the main Bolger group.
                    > > >
                    > > > It was really great meeting you! After seeing your Watervan,
                    > > Amanda
                    > > > now wants to pitch in and help on the next project....
                    > > >
                    > > > --
                    > > > Susan Davis <futabachan@y...>
                  • Bryant Owen
                    Message 9 of 27 , Sep 14, 2005
                      My film is being processed. Add to that scanning and I'm afraid we're
                      looking at a couple of weeks. Thankfully others had digital. And Steve
                      Bosquette is doing a write up for Duckworks. Alas no one had the
                      equipment to photograph the Northern Light show.

                      Bryant

                      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "edt_978" <tomlins@c...> wrote:
                      > Thanks Bryant,
                      >
                      > BTW any member should be able to add the to folder... Hint Hint
                      >
                      > <grin>
                      > Ed
                      >
                      > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Bryant Owen" <mariner@n...> wrote:
                      > > Ed
                      > >
                      > > You asked about your first pic. That's Andrew Buchart and co. and
                      > IIRC
                      > > it's a CDD Pirogue.
                      > >
                      > > Bryant
                      > >
                      > > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "edt_978" <tomlins@c...> wrote:
                      > > > Hi,
                      > > >
                      > > > I've created an Album in Bolger 6 Photos and uploaded 5 shots.
                      > > > Really enjoyed the messabout!
                      > > >
                      > > > Ed Tomlinson
                      > > >

                      > > > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Susan Davis" <futabachan@y...>
                      > <stefan-g@m...>
                      > or
                      > > > best
                      > Website,

                      > > > bolger6

                      > > > Amanda

                    • Howard Stephenson
                      Message 10 of 27 , Sep 14, 2005
                        You need to find a new film processing lab. Modern processing labs
                        develop film, then scan it, then use the scans to produce prints on a
                        digital printer -- not the kind people have at home, but one a bit
                        like a scanner in reverse, that exposes light-sensitive printing paper
                        before it is developed in chemicals. So to produce a CD with all the
                        scans on it should lengthen processing time by a few minutes, not
                        weeks, and cost just a couple of dollars more than regular developing
                        and printing.

                        Howard

                        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Bryant Owen" <mariner@n...> wrote:
                        > My film is being processed. Add to that scanning and I'm afraid we're
                        > looking at a couple of weeks. Thankfully others had digital.
                      • Bruce Hector
                        Message 11 of 27 , Sep 14, 2005
                          I've downloaded two chips worth to the computer at my office. I'll
                          start posting some to Bolger6 tomorrow.

                          Thanks all for coming, we had a great time, and Mr. Bolger was well
                          represented again.

                          Bruce Hector
                        • Bryant Owen
                          Message 12 of 27 , Sep 14, 2005
                            They do the printing and I do the scanning. This way I get a better
                            quality image to work with in lieu of the low res (and poorly
                            developed) scans I got last time.

                            Bryant

                            --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Howard Stephenson" <stephensonhw@a...>

                            Message 13 of 27 , Sep 14, 2005
                              If you want quality, I think you will find Kodak Picture CDs are the
                              way to go. The scan comes off the first-generation image -- the
                              negative -- rather than the second generation -- the print. See
                              www.kodak.com

                              Howard

                              Message 14 of 27 , Sep 15, 2005
                                Thanks for hosting the event Bruce. My son and I had a great time.

                                Andrew Butchart

                                --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Bruce Hector" <bruce_hector@h...> wrote:
                                > I've downloaded two chips worth to the computer at my office. I'll
                                > start posting some to Bolger6 tomorrow.
                                >
                                > Thanks all for coming, we had a great time, and Mr. Bolger was well
                                > represented again.
                                >
                                > Bruce Hector
                              • Bill Turnbull
                                Message 15 of 27 , Sep 15, 2005
                                  Stefan,

                                  You might try the bolger6 site, it has lots of storage space.

                                  There is already a Kingston folder in the Photos section.

                                  if the above url got axed by yahoo, try this:

                                  *http://tinyurl.com/9o22y

                                  Bill
                                  *

                                  --
                                  Please support my wife in raising money for breast cancer research during
                                  the "3-day", a 60 mile walk over 3 days.

                                  Message 16 of 27 , Sep 15, 2005
                                    --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, Bill Turnbull <BillTurnbull@g...>
                                    wrote:
                                    > Stefan,
                                    >
                                    > You might try the bolger6 site, it has lots of storage space.

                                    > There is already a Kingston folder in the Photos section.

                                    out+2005&.src=gr&.order=&.view=t&.done=http%3a//briefcase.yahoo.com/

                                    > if the above url got axed by yahoo, try this:
                                    >
                                    > *http://tinyurl.com/9o22y
                                    >
                                    > Bill
                                    > *

                                    Nice looking pictures - obviously I missed some fun on Saturday night
                                    and Sunday.

                                    Does anyone know how to get at the larger version of the pictures?
                                    I can only see the 400X300 size.

                                    Andrew B
                                  • Bjorn Harbo
                                    Message 17 of 27 , Sep 15, 2005
                                      Very nice pictures indeed. I wish I had similar sailing photos of my
                                      WDJ as well...
                                      http://home.online.no/~bharbo/bilder/dsc02980.jpg

                                      Bjørn
                                    • Susan Davis
                                      Message 18 of 27 , Sep 15, 2005
                                        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Bjorn Harbo" <bharbo@o...> wrote:
                                        > Very nice pictures indeed. I wish I had similar sailing photos of my
                                        > WDJ as well...
                                        > http://home.online.no/~bharbo/bilder/dsc02980.jpg

                                        Strap jet engines on the WDJ, and come to this weekend's messabout,
                                        and we'd be happy to take some of her....

                                        --
                                        Susan Davis <futabachan@...>
                                      • Bruce Hector
                                        Message 19 of 27 , Sep 15, 2005
                                          Hi all,

                                          Loaded at least 1 pic of evrything there in Bolger6 at:

                                          Enjoy.

                                          Bruce Hector
                                        • Susan Davis
                                          Message 20 of 27 , Sep 15, 2005
                                            --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Bruce Hector" <bruce_hector@h...> wrote:

                                            > Loaded at least 1 pic of evrything there in Bolger6 at:

                                            Great photos! (Except that in the photo marked "Close Hauled", I'm
                                            actually on a broad reach; the real close hauled photo is labeled
                                            "Single Handed Schooner".)

                                            Could I get full-resolution versions at some point? (Perhaps when
                                            we're in Kingston next?)

                                            --
                                            Susan Davis <futabachan@...>
                                          • Bruce Hector
                                            Message 21 of 27 , Sep 15, 2005
                                              --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Susan Davis" <futabachan@y...>
                                              wrote: "Could I get full-resolution versions at some point? (Perhaps
                                              when we're in Kingston next"

                                              Yep!

                                              Alos, I left some of the SHS shots full size for you in B6. Click on
                                              them again and if they get real big, copy and paste them into your
                                              files.

                                              Otherwise, I'll give you a CD of the lot when you next buy me a
                                              Smithwicks!

                                              Bruce Hector
                                              Who can Skirl and Swirl wi' the best O' dem!
                                            • pvanderwaart
                                              Message 22 of 27 , Sep 15, 2005
                                                > Loaded at least 1 pic of evrything there in Bolger6 at:

                                                What's the cruising speed and top speed of the Watervan, if anyone
                                                knows?

                                                I'm very impressed by the number of major efforts: Watervan,
                                                Houseboat, Mudlark, etc. All look splendid. Shrike, too.

                                                Peter
                                              • Bruce Hector
                                                Message 23 of 27 , Sep 15, 2005
                                                  --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "pvanderwaart" <pvanderwaart@y...>
                                                  wrote: "What's the cruising speed and top speed of the Watervan, if
                                                  anyone knows?"

                                                  Stefan's got it powered with a 4 stroke - 170 (I think, in that range
                                                  anyway) hp Suzuki outboard.

                                                  Just above an idle @ 1,500 rpm she showed 7 knots with his really
                                                  cool moving map GPS, opened up aT 3,500 it made 10. She could not
                                                  climb the hill to get on a true plane last weekend.

                                                  He'd just spent a grand on a tune-up and maintenance, and it wouldn't
                                                  rev to full rpms, circa 5,000.

                                                  He was not a happy camper!

                                                  He mentioned 25 mph by GPS on a plane when the motor was up to snuff
                                                  with a 17 pitch prop. Similar with a 19, but slower getting up.

                                                  They built their's heavy, 1 1/2 inch bottom, extra frames and
                                                  structural furniture. The Australain one built by Duck Flats achieved
                                                  similar performance with an 80, but is much lighter.

                                                  Bruce Hector
                                                • Stefan Gutermuth
                                                  Message 24 of 27 , Sep 16, 2005
                                                    The Motor is a Suzuki DF-115. A four stroke 115 HP. Unfortunately, It was
                                                    not running very well. Sat & Sun. I believe a combination of bad / old gas
                                                    and a wrinkled prop. I kept it on the trailer this year, and it has only
                                                    been in the water once this year before the messabout

                                                    The displacement speed seems to be 7 to 8 knots with minimal power, (2000 to
                                                    2500) rpm. With good gas and an "un-wrinkled" 14.5" x 17" prop, she'll
                                                    cruise at 20 to 22 kts all day at 5000 rpm, and if you push a little harder
                                                    to 6000 to 6500 rpm, we've achieved 28 kts. WaterVan starts to climb on to
                                                    plane around 16 kts, then starts to level out and get very smooth between 19
                                                    & 20 kts. I have towed our wake board easily, and the folks at Barnegat Bay
                                                    NJ get a kick out of seeing me tow my girls and their friends around on the
                                                    big tube.

                                                    I hope I get a chance to demonstrate her full potential the next messabout.
                                                    Unfortunately, I will not be able to make Kingston, NY, this year.
                                                    (Birthday weekend and prior commitments). I fell in love with the Rideau
                                                    canal, want to go back soon to explore. Bruce, --- I'll be sure to
                                                    coordinate with you first, (don't want to miss an opportunity to see the
                                                    girls an boys in skirts, ---oops I mean kilts again) SmithWicks all around
                                                    ---and around.---and around.

                                                    I had the best time with the messabout crew. Thanks again, Bruce, for
                                                    putting this together, and being such a gracious and fun host. I kick
                                                    myself for not joining the messabout family sooner.

                                                    Stefan Gutermuth, V.P.
                                                    John O'Hara Company
                                                    Ph: 973-673-4676
                                                    Fx: 973-673-7141
                                                    Cl: 201-970-8007
                                                    stefan@...

[...]

                                                    http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/_0TolB/TM
                                                    Yahoo! Groups Links

                                                  • Andrew Butchart
                                                    Message 25 of 27 , Nov 4, 2005
                                                      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Bryant Owen" <mariner@n...> wrote:

                                                      > My film is being processed. Add to that scanning and I'm afraid we're
                                                      > looking at a couple of weeks. Thankfully others had digital. And Steve
                                                      > Bosquette is doing a write up for Duckworks. Alas no one had the
                                                      > equipment to photograph the Northern Light show.
                                                      >
                                                      > Bryant

                                                      I'm getting itchy here - the boats are packed up for the winter and I
                                                      feel in the need for a fix. I've been watching the Duckworks site and
                                                      haven't seen the article yet. Any idea when it might be available?

                                                      Bryant (and others) if you have some scanned pictures of my son and I
                                                      out in the pirogue/skiff/mouse scanned in, I'd be delighted to see them.

                                                      Andrew Butchart
                                                      andrew@...
                                                    • Bryant Owen
                                                      Message 26 of 27 , Nov 4, 2005
                                                        Sorry about the holdup with the pics but, heck, I've been busy. Hope
                                                        to have them "online" this weekend. I have one pic of you and your son
                                                        and one pic where you can barely make out the CSD Pirogue. If you're
                                                        interested, I can email these to you. Contact me offlist at mariner
                                                        "at" nexicom.net.

                                                        Bryant

                                                        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Butchart" <neustadtonca@f...>
                                                        wrote:

                                                        > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Bryant Owen" <mariner@n...> wrote:
                                                        > >
                                                        > > My film is being processed. Add to that scanning and I'm afraid we're
                                                        > > looking at a couple of weeks. Thankfully others had digital. And Steve
                                                        > > Bosquette is doing a write up for Duckworks. Alas no one had the
                                                        > > equipment to photograph the Northern Light show.
                                                        > >
                                                        > > Bryant
                                                        > >

                                                        > I'm getting itchy here - the boats are packed up for the winter and I
                                                        > feel in the need for a fix. I've been watching the Duckworks site and
                                                        > haven't seen the article yet. Any idea when it might be available?
                                                        >
                                                        > Bryant (and others) if you have some scanned pictures of my son and I
                                                        > out in the pirogue/skiff/mouse scanned in, I'd be delighted to see them.
                                                        >
                                                        > Andrew Butchart
                                                        > andrew@f...

                                                      • Andrew Butchart
                                                        Message 27 of 27 , Nov 5, 2005
                                                          Bryant:

                                                          The slide-show was just what I needed. I'm now motivated to work on
                                                          the layout for the keel for the Weekender I'm starting.

                                                          Thanks again.

                                                          Andrew B