Comparison of the Power Sharpies?

  • denisnh
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2005
      Hi. I've been out of the loop for a while and, after browsing the
      Bolger groups, realize there are more power sharpies than I can keep
      track of. Tennessee, Idaho, Wyoming, Dakota, Minnesota, etc.

      I was wondering if there is some sort of comparison of these boats,
      maybe a chart of some kind with info such as ease of building, size,
      recommended power, cabin size, etc.? If not, I would like to try to
      put something together with the help and input of some other Bolger
      group members. Please let me know if interested.

      One question I do have is: Which sharpie would you consider the
      easiest and quickest to build for use as a part-time live-aboard? I
      tend to lean towards Wyoming. It's sneakeasy simplicity just can't
      be much easier to build. The only downside is size and slip fees,
      but that's not a real big deal in the northeast winters when slip
      fees are pretty low anyway. I already have a mooring for the summer,
      so the size is not an issue there. Economy of operation is a
      definite factor! Wyoming seems to meet most of my requirements but I
      don't know enough yet about the other designs in that range.

      Thanks,
      Denis