Re: Yonder and October Messabout

  • sctree
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 1, 2005
      Hey Mark,

      I'd sure like a look see at those Yonder plans... I'm headed up your
      way in October, probably the 7th-10th for a little cruise. Not sure
      which boat I'll bring this time... If you'll be around maybe we can
      finally meet up, I still haven't seen you Meadowlark.

      Any Bolger / Michalak / Homebuilt or other small boaters interested
      in a California Delta Messabout in October?

      If interested go to;

      CA_Delta_Messabout@yahoogroups.com

      Rick Bedard

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, Mark Hall <krametoc@y...> wrote:
      > Friends,
      > I purchased Yonder plans from Bolger as this is the
      > boat I want to build. But in the mean time, I am
      > using the plans to help guide my reconstruction of a
      > mast and tabernacle on the "Meadowlark" (Herreschoff
      > design). If there are any in the Stockton, CA area
      > who would like a closer look at the Yonder plans, let
      > me know.
      > Mark Hall

      > http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
    • marilyn1.armstrong
      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 28, 2006
        Chip Humphreys has provided a service for the Group by posting a three
        view scan of "Yonder" plans. This exceptional design by Phil and
        Suzanne comes with many sheets of plans and a 49 page construction
        syllabus. Has one of these craft been launched yet? How many are
        under construction at present? Marilyn Armstrong

        Post: 46898 Yonder Info Found by Chip Humphreys
      • Nels
        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 28, 2006
          --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "marilyn1.armstrong"
          <marilyn1.armstrong@...> wrote:

          > Chip Humphreys has provided a service for the Group by posting a
          three
          > view scan of "Yonder" plans. This exceptional design by Phil and
          > Suzanne comes with many sheets of plans and a 49 page construction
          > syllabus. Has one of these craft been launched yet? How many are
          > under construction at present? Marilyn Armstrong
          >
          > Post: 46898 Yonder Info Found by Chip Humphreys

          There was a fair amount of discussion about Yonder a few years back
          and Bruce Hallman did a paper model and posted photos of the hull
          shape.

          http://community.webshots.com/album/343514976QUTQFQ

          Rollin dalPiaz commissioned the design and Mark Hall from Stockton
          CA purchased plans ($1000). Nothing has been mentioned about any
          building starting since then.

          It is an interesting design. Box keel construction that becomes the
          building jig for the framework and then strip planked, and plywood
          decking from the portlights up I think.

          I would also suggest the Alaskan Motorsailer as well, as it would be
          much less complicated to build. Yonder of course is world girding
          capable and AMS is more of a low effort coastal cruiser. Doesn't
          have the sail area nor the deep centerboard. I think I prefer the
          idea of the small diesel inboard to two outboards though. Just
          having read about the advantages in the Sitka Explorer article.

          You could maybe locate the email addresses of the two Yonder
          builders in the members list? Or messages search with "Yonder".

          Nels