[bolger] Re: Bolger 'Wiki' shared knowledge

  • craig o'donnell
    Message 1 of 62 , Sep 1, 2005
      I've just added a link for #426 Jinni. I couldn't figure how to make
      it more direct, yet cover all the Jinni references there in the PDF
      copies (Surf is there, others too). I think everyone readily sees
      the only other Jinni link I know at Craig O'Donnell's famous Cheap
      Pages (disregarding the many other references to Jim Michalak's boat
      in his own webpages).

      Graeme

      Well, tanks for the nice comment -- I haven't been maintaining those Cheap
      Pages for several years, because I went over quota on the web server --
      it's OK if it remains static, but if I want to change anything it requires
      forking over more money for a commercial account there.

      The Cheap Pages will move sometime to its own domain (thecheappages.com) --
      question of time.
      --
      Craig O'Donnell
      Sinepuxent Ancestors & Boats
      Message 62 of 62 , Aug 1, 2012
        Sorry about this delay, Kev.  A whole lot of good reasons for this...  Your inquiry ended up in the wrong hopper.

        Thanks for your interest.
        Yes both plans are available.  'Jochems' has been built a number of times.  'Amherst Galley' not yet, surprisingly, as she reflects a range of increasingly relevant issues between human-power, safety under sail, speed, light weight, etc.

        Plans to build one boat, sent rolled in a tube, are:
        - #639 "William D. Jochems" on 5 sheets of 22"x34" = $300.-
        - #643 "Amherst Galley" on 7 sheets of 22"x34" = $325.-

        I hope that this still helps in your choice.

        Susanne Altenburger, PB&F