Re: Yonder

  • Mark Hall
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 1, 2005
      Friends,
      For those interested, Yonder Plans from Bolger and
      Friends are $1000 in a nice blue tube.
      Mark Hall

      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
    • sctree
      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 1, 2005
        Hey Mark,

        I'd sure like a look see at those Yonder plans... I'm headed up your
        way in October, probably the 7th-10th for a little cruise. Not sure
        which boat I'll bring this time... If you'll be around maybe we can
        finally meet up, I still haven't seen you Meadowlark.

        Any Bolger / Michalak / Homebuilt or other small boaters interested
        in a California Delta Messabout in October?

        If interested go to;

        CA_Delta_Messabout@yahoogroups.com

        Rick Bedard

        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, Mark Hall <krametoc@y...> wrote:
        > Friends,
        > I purchased Yonder plans from Bolger as this is the
        > boat I want to build. But in the mean time, I am
        > using the plans to help guide my reconstruction of a
        > mast and tabernacle on the "Meadowlark" (Herreschoff
        > design). If there are any in the Stockton, CA area
        > who would like a closer look at the Yonder plans, let
        > me know.
        > Mark Hall

        > http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
      • marilyn1.armstrong
        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 28 7:30 AM
          Chip Humphreys has provided a service for the Group by posting a three
          view scan of "Yonder" plans. This exceptional design by Phil and
          Suzanne comes with many sheets of plans and a 49 page construction
          syllabus. Has one of these craft been launched yet? How many are
          under construction at present? Marilyn Armstrong

          Post: 46898 Yonder Info Found by Chip Humphreys
        • Nels
          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 28 8:57 AM
            --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "marilyn1.armstrong"
            <marilyn1.armstrong@...> wrote:

            > Chip Humphreys has provided a service for the Group by posting a
            three
            > view scan of "Yonder" plans. This exceptional design by Phil and
            > Suzanne comes with many sheets of plans and a 49 page construction
            > syllabus. Has one of these craft been launched yet? How many are
            > under construction at present? Marilyn Armstrong
            >
            > Post: 46898 Yonder Info Found by Chip Humphreys

            There was a fair amount of discussion about Yonder a few years back
            and Bruce Hallman did a paper model and posted photos of the hull
            shape.

            http://community.webshots.com/album/343514976QUTQFQ

            Rollin dalPiaz commissioned the design and Mark Hall from Stockton
            CA purchased plans ($1000). Nothing has been mentioned about any
            building starting since then.

            It is an interesting design. Box keel construction that becomes the
            building jig for the framework and then strip planked, and plywood
            decking from the portlights up I think.

            I would also suggest the Alaskan Motorsailer as well, as it would be
            much less complicated to build. Yonder of course is world girding
            capable and AMS is more of a low effort coastal cruiser. Doesn't
            have the sail area nor the deep centerboard. I think I prefer the
            idea of the small diesel inboard to two outboards though. Just
            having read about the advantages in the Sitka Explorer article.

            You could maybe locate the email addresses of the two Yonder
            builders in the members list? Or messages search with "Yonder".

            Nels