Re: Amherst Galley

  • Susan Davis
    Message 1 of 62 , Sep 1, 2005
      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, David Ryan <david@c...> wrote:

      > Though a less satisfying proposition, a 25-30 foot production boat
      > could be purchased, used until the I60 was ready to go and re-sold
      > at a price that would probably not hurt too much.

      As a data point, that's what I wound up doing. Unless the I60 causes
      enough of a splash locally to inspire a one-design fleet, I'll
      probably wind up keeping the J/24 even after the I60 is in the water,
      as a cheaper-to-campaign race boat, and as a "Toronto boat", letting
      me use the I60 as a floating cottage on a lake three hours away
      without going boatless.

      I still have the Micro Navigator conversion to keep me busy as a
      fill-in project in the mean time, though....

      --
      Susan Davis <futabachan@...>
    • philbolger@comcast.net
      Message 62 of 62 , Aug 1, 2012
        Sorry about this delay, Kev.  A whole lot of good reasons for this...  Your inquiry ended up in the wrong hopper.

        Thanks for your interest.
        Yes both plans are available.  'Jochems' has been built a number of times.  'Amherst Galley' not yet, surprisingly, as she reflects a range of increasingly relevant issues between human-power, safety under sail, speed, light weight, etc.

        Plans to build one boat, sent rolled in a tube, are:
        - #639 "William D. Jochems" on 5 sheets of 22"x34" = $300.-
        - #643 "Amherst Galley" on 7 sheets of 22"x34" = $325.-

        I hope that this still helps in your choice.

        Susanne Altenburger, PB&F