Re: [bolger] Testing Diablo

  • Máximo
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 1, 2005
      > Pretty colors, looks like it is planing to me.

      Hello all! The dog is a pretty good builder! but not a water lover :)
      Thanks, regards, Máximo.

      >> Here are some photos of my Diablo been tested this saturday on San Antonio
      >> River, on the Delta del Paraná, in Buenos Aires, Argentina. With a very old
      >> 10 HP Honda 4 stroke B100L, 2 people, aprox. 8-10 knots, not planning.
      >> Regards, Máximo.
      >>
      >> http://www.promax.com.ar/diablo/diablo08.htm
    • john h wright
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 1, 2005
        I like the looks of the boat, and it is planing under my understanding of
        the term. If you look over the stern of the boat, when underway, and the
        water is not tumbling back against the transom, then the boat is planing!

        On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 10:24:29 -0300 M=?ISO-8859-1?B?4Q==?=ximo
        <grupos@...> writes:
        > Pretty colors, looks like it is planing to me.

        Hello all! The dog is a pretty good builder! but not a water lover :)
        Thanks, regards, Máximo.

        >> Here are some photos of my Diablo been tested this saturday on San
        Antonio
        >> River, on the Delta del Paraná, in Buenos Aires, Argentina. With a
        very old
        >> 10 HP Honda 4 stroke B100L, 2 people, aprox. 8-10 knots, not planning.
        >> Regards, Máximo.
        >>
        >> http://www.promax.com.ar/diablo/diablo08.htm

        Bolger rules!!!
        (978) 282-1349

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        Visit your group "bolger" on the web.

      • Máximo
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 1, 2005
          > water is not tumbling back against the transom, then the boat is planing!

          Well, great then! My mistake. My Diablo must be a little heavier than most
          out there, when I was shopping for materials, I could not find 10mm plywood,
          so the bottom, frames, sittops are from 18mm plywood. It turns very well at
          full speed for the 10HP. Thanks, regards, Máximo.
        • Brian Mathews
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 30, 2006
            G'day Máximo How is your Diablo going these days? Any more photos on the San Antaonio River, on the Delta del Paraná, in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

          • Máximo
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 31, 2006
              > G'day Máximo How is your Diablo going these days? Any more photos on the San
              > Antaonio River, on the Delta del Paraná, in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

              Hello Brian! Diablo is doing great! No, actually I don t have any more
              photos.

              I recently finished my local ID number and Safety Certificate, that is a
              small triumph, becouse burocracy... this is the first time that I have
              "legal papers" of something I have built, and I am really happy with that.

              Actually I don t have an outboard for my Diablo, I am thinking this year to
              adapt a small internal air cooled 4T gas stationary motor (similar Honda)
              with some kind of belt reduction and no gear, directly foward. Did someone
              do this on a Diablo?

              Thanks, regards, Máximo.