Re: Titania-50' schooner

  • Howard Stephenson
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 27, 2005
      She's in 30-Odd Boats. At 50' x 47' x 11' x 2.6" or 7' and 21,700 lb
      she's a big boat, with a flat-floored round-bilged hull, Burmudian
      main and foresail. Bolger tried and, I think, succeeded if the
      drawings can be a true guide, to have it look like Ticonderoga. But
      she's a ketch; see:
      http://www.seacraftclassics.com/store/classic_ticonderoga.html

      Although somewhat more high-wooded than that vessel, she has the
      break in the sheer, the clipper bow with bowsprit and trailboards,
      and the high small elliptical transom stern. There are two
      unobtrusive deckhouses. Her most unusual features are the two huge
      bilgeboards.

      Construction started on the original but was halted due to financial
      problems, apparently. I've no more information than what appears in
      the book and, sorry, I don't have access to a scanner (or a digital
      camera).

      Howard

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "FIGURE IT OUT!" <derflingdol@y...>