Sandply

  • gbship
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 19, 2005
      The local Home Depot has a bunch of ply back inits trim and molding
      section called "Sandply." It comes in 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4 thicknesses, is
      reasonably prices, and looks very high quality -- smooth finish and no
      gaps visible in the layers. Is this the stuff that Reuel Parker
      recommended in his New Cold Molded Boatbuilding? Does anyone know
      anything about this and whether it's suitable for boats?

      Thanks.

      Gary Blankenship
    • Bob Chamberland
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 19, 2005
        -My take on this is if they can't tell you it is waterproof glue give
        it a pass. Other than visuals, the absence of voids and use of
        waterproof glues are absolute necessities.
        Bob

        -- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "gbship" <gbship@c...> wrote:
        > The local Home Depot has a bunch of ply back inits trim and molding
        > section called "Sandply." It comes in 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4 thicknesses, is
        > reasonably prices, and looks very high quality -- smooth finish and no
        > gaps visible in the layers. Is this the stuff that Reuel Parker
        > recommended in his New Cold Molded Boatbuilding? Does anyone know
        > anything about this and whether it's suitable for boats?
        >
        > Thanks.
        >
        > Gary Blankenship
      • Jon & Wanda(Tink)
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 19, 2005
          Used it for the flor of shop I am building got rained on befor I got it
          painted and the face started to delam in places I would not use it.

          Jon