Re: [bolger] Wooden Trailer

  • glen_gibson@3com.com
    Message 1 of 4 , May 4, 2000
      Actually, I think they are "re-releasing" it. It was on their web site
      previously, for something like $15 or so, looked like it might be a good idea
      for some of the lighter boats. Wood is strong, light, and it doesn't rust,
      right?

      Glen Gibson

      "andy farquhar" <afarquhar@...> on 05/04/2000 01:35:15 PM

      Please respond to bolger@egroups.com

      Sent by: "andy farquhar" <afarquhar@...>

      To: bolger@egroups.com
      cc: (Glen Gibson/HQ/3Com)
      Subject: [bolger] Wooden Trailer

      Some time ago, there was a discussion in the group concerning wooden
      boat trailers. Stevenson Designs is apparently releasing plans of a
      wooden boat trailer on May 15. The trailer is pictured at:
      http://www.stevproj.com/SpecPurp.html.

      Andy Farquhar

      eGroups eLerts
      http://click.egroups.com/1/3863/6/_/3457/_/957472536/
    • Garth Battista
      Message 2 of 4 , May 5, 2000
        Has anyone ever built this Stevenson wooden trailer, or anything like
        it? I'm in the market for a cheap light trailer myself, and looking
        at the picture on their site, it occurs to me you'd still need to buy
        the trailer hitch, the safety chains, the axle and wheels, the lights
        and wires, etc. -- leading me to wonder if it would wind up being
        just as expensive in the end as buying a prefab metal trailer. I know
        there's always the pleasure and pride of building your own -- reason
        enough to do it. But just curious as to what you'd wind up spending.

        All best,
        Garth

        > Some time ago, there was a discussion in the group concerning wooden
        > boat trailers. Stevenson Designs is apparently releasing plans of a
        > wooden boat trailer on May 15. The trailer is pictured at:
        > http://www.stevproj.com/SpecPurp.html.
        >
        > Andy Farquhar
      • Bink
        Message 3 of 4 , May 5, 2000
          Garth,

          I have purchased these plans, but have not started to build one
          yet. However, I have built a kit trailer and the difference seems to
          be that you can order exactly what you need for your trailer from the
          start. I had to get larger wheels and bunk boards...when you build
          from plans you can get it right the first time. (right,:-)..)
          BTW...the plans don't show any fenders...an oversight fer sher.

          Bink.
          --- In bolger@egroups.com, "Garth Battista" <garth@b...> wrote:
          > Has anyone ever built this Stevenson wooden trailer, or anything
          like
          > it? I'm in the market for a cheap light trailer myself, and looking
          > at the picture on their site, it occurs to me you'd still need to
          buy
          > the trailer hitch, the safety chains, the axle and wheels, the
          lights
          > and wires, etc. -- leading me to wonder if it would wind up being
          > just as expensive in the end as buying a prefab metal trailer. I
          know
          > there's always the pleasure and pride of building your own --
          reason
          > enough to do it. But just curious as to what you'd wind up spending.
          >
          > All best,
          > Garth
          >

          > > Some time ago, there was a discussion in the group concerning
          wooden
          > > boat trailers. Stevenson Designs is apparently releasing plans
          of
          > > wooden boat trailer on May 15. The trailer is pictured at:
          > > http://www.stevproj.com/SpecPurp.html.
          > >
          > > Andy Farquhar
        • Lincoln Ross
          Message 4 of 4 , May 5, 2000
            Used trailers seem to be incredibly cheap around here (some under
            $100!). I should think you could cannibalize one if you couldn't find
            one already right for your boat, unless they are more expensive where
            you are..