Re: [bolger] Re: MJ BUILDING QUESTION.

  • hwal@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2000
      In a message dated 4/29/2000 12:08:20 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      mkstocks@... writes:

      << What is the easiest way to get the rudder drift rods into the
      > rudder blade?

      My drift rods are welded to the rudder shaft. I plan on building the
      rudder in layers on either side of the rods somehow. I am not sure
      exactly just yet. Check out my web site and give me a call if you
      want to talk about it. Whoops - you are in Australia. Ok, send email
      then.

      It is my understanding that the new plans mr. b is releasing for the mj
      upgrade will also include two transom hung rudders. I think that's the ticket
      myself. I have a transom hung rudder, ( just one) but as soon as I am able
      to get his new plans I will switch to whatever he has developed. steve (
      landroval)

      p.s. Landroval was out in strong 15 mph winds yesterday - and the gps clocked
      us at 6.6 - 7.1 knots on a beam reach - with full sail. She was rock steady -
      not a tense moment even in gusts. The increased ballast continues to inspire
      confidence.