Re: PL Premium

  • C. O'Donnell
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30, 2000
      > testing or used the boat yet. Takes a while (days or weeks in cold
      > weather) to harden. I think there is PL Premium Construction
      Adhesive
      > and then some other type or types.

      The PL polyurethane glue comes in a bottle. I've used it for various
      things and it seems to work but I don't go whacking things with
      hammers.

      I did make a test - an old brick, with a piece of okume glued to it,
      and a "padeye" cut from a scrapped inflatable dinghy glued to that.

      It's all still in one piece. I use it as a ballast weight for sailing
      models. The padeye is so when the model capsizes, the ballast doesn't
      head for the bottom of the bay.

      There is a PL Polyurethane which comes in a large tube.

      There is also a PL which is 'construction adhesive' and seems to be
      the
      same sort of stuff as liquid nails (a must-avoid product, if you ask
      me).

      PL also makes polyurethane caulking which runs about $4.50 for 10 oz,
      comes in different colors, there is a 'housing grade' and a 'marine
      grade' which are about a dime apart in price. I don't know what the
      difference is; the contents seem identical.

      I am going to use this to caulk-glue the bottom onto a small (6ft)
      model scow and see how it works.