Re: what if?

  • Nels
    Message 1 of 66 , Jul 5, 2005

      > > k+Yawl.jpg&.src=gr&.view=t&.hires=t
      > Superbrick Yawl rig.
      >
      > The mizzen sail in your sketch has no boomkin to sheet from, and the
      top
      > gaff of the mizzen has no mast height for it's peak and throat
      halyards.
      > Unless you mean for the top gaff to be a sprit, then the forward end
      of the
      > sprit should extend forward of the mast, and it would come close to
      > fouling on the mainsail. If you use a tortoise lateen rig, it's tack
      > too might foul
      > on the mainsail.

      A mizzen like rig 43 in 100 SBR would maybe work sheeted like Chebacco
      or even rig #49.

      Nels
    • donschultz8275
      Message 66 of 66 , Aug 10, 2005
        Well the Hartley Spearfish 12 plans arrived Tuesday. The are clear
        and complete, including directions and dimensions for a strong back to
        assemble the frames on. There are 1/2 drawings of the frames in full
        size.

        WELL worth $30 delivered. The inboard detail is quite adequate and
        includes 2 or 3 variations for the builder to consider, including a
        full wood keel w' lots of dead wood, and a simple skeg to partially
        protect the shaft and prop made from a single 2x8.

        One surprise, the outboard designs suggest up to 25hp for Spearfish,
        but the inboard suggests only up to 8 hp. It is also straight direct
        drive. So, git'r pointed right b4 you pull da rope.

        Now I'll watch for Hawkeye plans from PB&F.

        Don