Re: [bolger] Addenda to help request

  • catboat15@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 30, 2005
      This Cartopper is my third boat, One of Bolger/Payson before and a Shell
      Swifty but that one was a kit with panels precut. But, this is my first boat
      with these blanky blank bi-focals and the glasses are really giving me problems
      with projects where I have to follow a line with the saw and the line "jumps"
      an inch or so when my vision crosses from the reading part to the seeing the
      road part.
      Otherwise ready to tape the outside seams and glass the stem and transom.
      Turn her over, cut out the limber holes and cut down the bulkheads to final
      shape. Inside long seams all done except for room to remove limber hole
      materials.
      Next to put in foresheets, mast step and partner, center board trunk etc.
      Will have to get some stainless or brass to make centerboard pivot and a pair of
      "Bolger eyes" for the rudder.

      John Meacham
      High desert of California
      Bolger Cartopper.

    • Howard Stephenson
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 2005
        Maybe varifocal lenses would help. I've tried it all ways: separate
        reading and distance glasses, bifocals and trifocals but for me the
        varifocals are the best.

        Howard

        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, catboat15@a... wrote:

        > with these blanky blank bi-focals and the glasses are really giving
        me problems
        > with projects where I have to follow a line with the saw and the
        line "jumps"
        > an inch or so when my vision crosses from the reading part to the
        seeing the
        > road part.
      • hal
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 1, 2005
          On Jul 1, 2005, at 3:07 AM, Howard Stephenson wrote:

          > Maybe varifocal lenses would help. I've tried it all ways: separate
          > reading and distance glasses, bifocals and trifocals but for me the
          > varifocals are the best.

          Varifocals: had them for years, can't imagine anything else.

          hal