MN Messabout report

  • Bill Paxton
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 7, 2005
      Messers brought a wide variety of boats including a Cosine Wherry with
      forward-facing rowing, a small sailing pram, a Norwalk Island Sharpie
      31, and a 30-year old 14' gaffer. Two boats got wet for the first
      time: Greg Lindberg's Arcebus, and Steve O'Rourke's Weekender.

      The campsite was on a bluff 30 feet above the water, affording
      beautiful vistas in every direction. Nine tents were set up. It was
      nice to have our own space, separated from other campsites by green
      space.

      The forecasted apocalyptic weather never materialized, although it did
      rain off and on Saturday until mid-afternoon. Sailing that afternoon
      ranged from white-knuckle exciting to dead calm.

      Several people came just for Saturday, and we invited them to join us
      at the potluck. Somehow there was food leftover.

      Although there were white caps on the lake Sunday morning we all
      sailed across to Stockholm, Wisconsin for breakfast at the Bogus Creek
      Café. Outstanding food in a garden setting. It took camping to a whole
      new level.

      But pictures are worth a thousand words. You can view over 100 shots
      of the event at
      http://2005-MN-Messabout.notlong.com