Re: P. Bolger Boat on Ebay

  • d_borawski
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 2 4:07 PM
      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, Chris Lasdauskas <cml@t...> wrote:

      > Bruce Hallman wrote:
      >
      > > Pretty boat. The EBay listing says that it is 'one of a kind'
      > > but if I am not mistaken, I think another Fancy was built
      > > and photos taken by John Kohnen are here:
      >
      > It also refers to it as a 'vintage' boat - it was apparently built
      in
      > the 80's (1980's!). So OLD!
      >
      > Chris
      Chris, you need to look up the word Vintage

      "A year, or period of origin" IE 1980s

      "Characterized by excellence, maturity, and enduring appeal"
    • Chris Lasdauskas
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 3 5:07 AM
        d_borawski wrote:

        > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, Chris Lasdauskas <cml@t...> wrote:
        >

        >>Bruce Hallman wrote:
        >>

        >>>Pretty boat. The EBay listing says that it is 'one of a kind'
        >>>but if I am not mistaken, I think another Fancy was built
        >>>and photos taken by John Kohnen are here:
        >>
        >>It also refers to it as a 'vintage' boat - it was apparently built
        >
        > in
        >
        >>the 80's (1980's!). So OLD!
        >>
        >>Chris
        >
        > Chris, you need to look up the word Vintage
        >
        > "A year, or period of origin" IE 1980s
        >
        > "Characterized by excellence, maturity, and enduring appeal"

        Yup, and when used with 'car', for instance, it means "built between
        1919 and 1930".

        I suspect the advertiser means 'old-fashioned looking'.

        Chris
      • Larry Whited
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 4 3:57 PM
          I saw her at last years Port Townsend Boat Show where the photo was
          taken. For more pics of that show you might find my web site
          interesting.
          http://www.seapearlboats.org/html/port_townsend_boat_show.html
          What a great experience that was for three days.
          Larry

          > > Philip Bolgers Boat, "Fancy" Is for sale on Ebay. Just look under
          > > Bolger Boat, or the item # is 6536851094
          >
          > Pretty boat. The EBay listing says that it is 'one of a kind'
          > but if I am not mistaken, I think another Fancy was built
          > and photos taken by John Kohnen are here:
          >
          > http://www.boat-links.com/PT/PT2000/Truancy-1.jpg
          > http://www.boat-links.com/PT/PT2000/Truancy-2.jpg
        • borawski Dennis
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 5 6:37 AM
            Hi Larry, "Fancy" have been in storage for years. You
            did not see her In Port Townsend.

            http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
          • jhkohnen@boat-links.com
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 5 1:30 PM
              I didn't see Truancy last year at the PT festival, where was she? There are
              just too many beautiful boats to look at there... :o) Too bad you didn't
              join us for brunch Saturday. It's become a tradition for a bunch of boat
              nuts who initially met on the 'net to meet for brunch at 10:00 Saturday
              morning at the Otter Crossing cafe. It started out as a bunch of Bolger Boat
              nuts, but it's more general now. I think we overwhelmed the Otter Crossing
              last year! <g>

              --
              John <jkohnen@...>
              http://www.boat-links.com/
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 5 1:38 PM
                He's talking about Truancy, another boat built to the design.

                On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 06:37:11 -0700 (PDT), Dennis wrote:
                > Hi Larry, "Fancy" have been in storage for years. You
                > did not see her In Port Townsend.
                > > >
                > > > http://www.boat-links.com/PT/PT2000/Truancy-1.jpg
                > > > http://www.boat-links.com/PT/PT2000/Truancy-2.jpg

                --
                John <jkohnen@...>
                http://www.boat-links.com/
                Show me a man who has enjoyed his school days and I'll show you a
                bully and a bore. <Robert Morley>