Herb Payson

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 2, 2005
      Herb Payson

      http://www.alibris.com/search/books/author/Payson,%20Herb

      Does anybody know if Herb Payson might be Dynamite
      Payson's son? Herb Payson, the author, writes a bit
      of his childhood sailing experiences with his father
      in Maine, so the connection seems obvious.

      I am presently reading and enjoying Herb Payson's book
      _You can't blow home again._, a first person cruising guide
      which distinguishes itself from the typical crusing guide
      in that it includes many candid examples of what goes
      wrong while cruising, the uncertainty, and grief; in addition
      to standard fare about what goes right.
    • pvanderwaart
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 3, 2005
        > Does anybody know if Herb Payson might be Dynamite
        > Payson's son?

        http://www.herbpayson.com/

        Never heard it. Doubt it strongly. There was a mention of Dynamite's
        daughter, IIRC, in a writeup about the Elegant Punt.

        Peter
      • Paul W. Esterle
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 3, 2005
          Nope, Herb's from SoCal and an ex-nightclub entertainer. he and Dynamite
          are about the same age.

          Paul Esterle - Freelance Boating Writer
          Columbia 10.7/Matilda 20
          North East MD
          www.captnpauley.com
          pages.preferred.com/~pesterle/

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 3, 2005
            > Nope, Herb's from SoCal and an ex-nightclub entertainer. he and Dynamite
            > are about the same age.

            Herb lived in SoCal, though he writes in is book of his childhood
            in Maine in a nautical family. That they are the 'same age' suggests
            that he might be Dynamite's brother then...