Re: [bolger] P. Bolger Boat on Ebay

    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 2, 2005
      > Philip Bolgers Boat, "Fancy" Is for sale on Ebay. Just look under
      > Bolger Boat, or the item # is 6536851094

      Pretty boat. The EBay listing says that it is 'one of a kind'
      but if I am not mistaken, I think another Fancy was built
      and photos taken by John Kohnen are here:

      http://www.boat-links.com/PT/PT2000/Truancy-1.jpg
      http://www.boat-links.com/PT/PT2000/Truancy-2.jpg
    • Chris Lasdauskas
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 2, 2005
        Bruce Hallman wrote:

        > Pretty boat. The EBay listing says that it is 'one of a kind'
        > but if I am not mistaken, I think another Fancy was built
        > and photos taken by John Kohnen are here:

        It also refers to it as a 'vintage' boat - it was apparently built in
        the 80's (1980's!). So OLD!

        Chris
      • Wayne
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 2, 2005
          --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, Chris Lasdauskas <cml@t...> wrote:

          > Bruce Hallman wrote:
          >
          > > Pretty boat. The EBay listing says that it is 'one of a kind'
          > > but if I am not mistaken, I think another Fancy was built
          > > and photos taken by John Kohnen are here:
          >
          > It also refers to it as a 'vintage' boat - it was apparently built in
          > the 80's (1980's!). So OLD!
          >
          > Chris

          That's eBay spreak folks. It's like a whole other language. Most of the
          folks selling boats on eBay don't know their cutwaters from their
          tophampers. They never let the truth get in the way of the descriptions.

          Wayne
          In the Swamp.
        • d_borawski
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 2, 2005
            --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, Chris Lasdauskas <cml@t...> wrote:

            > Bruce Hallman wrote:
            >
            > > Pretty boat. The EBay listing says that it is 'one of a kind'
            > > but if I am not mistaken, I think another Fancy was built
            > > and photos taken by John Kohnen are here:
            >
            > It also refers to it as a 'vintage' boat - it was apparently built
            in
            > the 80's (1980's!). So OLD!
            >
            > Chris
            Chris, you need to look up the word Vintage

            "A year, or period of origin" IE 1980s

            "Characterized by excellence, maturity, and enduring appeal"
          • Chris Lasdauskas
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 3, 2005
              d_borawski wrote:

              > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, Chris Lasdauskas <cml@t...> wrote:
              >

              >>Bruce Hallman wrote:
              >>

              >>>Pretty boat. The EBay listing says that it is 'one of a kind'
              >>>but if I am not mistaken, I think another Fancy was built
              >>>and photos taken by John Kohnen are here:
              >>
              >>It also refers to it as a 'vintage' boat - it was apparently built
              >
              > in
              >
              >>the 80's (1980's!). So OLD!
              >>
              >>Chris
              >
              > Chris, you need to look up the word Vintage
              >
              > "A year, or period of origin" IE 1980s
              >
              > "Characterized by excellence, maturity, and enduring appeal"

              Yup, and when used with 'car', for instance, it means "built between
              1919 and 1930".

              I suspect the advertiser means 'old-fashioned looking'.

              Chris
            • Larry Whited
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 4, 2005
                I saw her at last years Port Townsend Boat Show where the photo was
                taken. For more pics of that show you might find my web site
                interesting.
                http://www.seapearlboats.org/html/port_townsend_boat_show.html
                What a great experience that was for three days.
                Larry

                > > Philip Bolgers Boat, "Fancy" Is for sale on Ebay. Just look under
                > > Bolger Boat, or the item # is 6536851094
                >
                > Pretty boat. The EBay listing says that it is 'one of a kind'
                > but if I am not mistaken, I think another Fancy was built
                > and photos taken by John Kohnen are here:
                >
                > http://www.boat-links.com/PT/PT2000/Truancy-1.jpg
                > http://www.boat-links.com/PT/PT2000/Truancy-2.jpg
              • borawski Dennis
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 5, 2005
                  Hi Larry, "Fancy" have been in storage for years. You
                  did not see her In Port Townsend.

                  http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
                • jhkohnen@boat-links.com
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 5, 2005
                    I didn't see Truancy last year at the PT festival, where was she? There are
                    just too many beautiful boats to look at there... :o) Too bad you didn't
                    join us for brunch Saturday. It's become a tradition for a bunch of boat
                    nuts who initially met on the 'net to meet for brunch at 10:00 Saturday
                    morning at the Otter Crossing cafe. It started out as a bunch of Bolger Boat
                    nuts, but it's more general now. I think we overwhelmed the Otter Crossing
                    last year! <g>

                    --
                    John <jkohnen@...>
                    http://www.boat-links.com/
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jun 5, 2005
                      He's talking about Truancy, another boat built to the design.

                      On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 06:37:11 -0700 (PDT), Dennis wrote:
                      > Hi Larry, "Fancy" have been in storage for years. You
                      > did not see her In Port Townsend.
                      > > >
                      > > > http://www.boat-links.com/PT/PT2000/Truancy-1.jpg
                      > > > http://www.boat-links.com/PT/PT2000/Truancy-2.jpg

                      --
                      John <jkohnen@...>
                      http://www.boat-links.com/
                      Show me a man who has enjoyed his school days and I'll show you a
                      bully and a bore. <Robert Morley>