P. Bolger Boat on Ebay

  • d_borawski
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 2, 2005
      Philip Bolgers Boat, "Fancy" Is for sale on Ebay. Just look under
      Bolger Boat, or the item # is 6536851094

      I think it is the Boat on the cover of 30-Odd Boats.
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 2, 2005
        > Philip Bolgers Boat, "Fancy" Is for sale on Ebay. Just look under
        > Bolger Boat, or the item # is 6536851094

        Pretty boat. The EBay listing says that it is 'one of a kind'
        but if I am not mistaken, I think another Fancy was built
        and photos taken by John Kohnen are here:

        http://www.boat-links.com/PT/PT2000/Truancy-1.jpg
        http://www.boat-links.com/PT/PT2000/Truancy-2.jpg
      • Chris Lasdauskas
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 2, 2005
          Bruce Hallman wrote:

          > Pretty boat. The EBay listing says that it is 'one of a kind'
          > but if I am not mistaken, I think another Fancy was built
          > and photos taken by John Kohnen are here:

          It also refers to it as a 'vintage' boat - it was apparently built in
          the 80's (1980's!). So OLD!

          Chris
        • Wayne
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 2, 2005
            --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, Chris Lasdauskas <cml@t...> wrote:

            > Bruce Hallman wrote:
            >
            > > Pretty boat. The EBay listing says that it is 'one of a kind'
            > > but if I am not mistaken, I think another Fancy was built
            > > and photos taken by John Kohnen are here:
            >
            > It also refers to it as a 'vintage' boat - it was apparently built in
            > the 80's (1980's!). So OLD!
            >
            > Chris

            That's eBay spreak folks. It's like a whole other language. Most of the
            folks selling boats on eBay don't know their cutwaters from their
            tophampers. They never let the truth get in the way of the descriptions.

            Wayne
            In the Swamp.
          • d_borawski
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 2, 2005
              --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, Chris Lasdauskas <cml@t...> wrote:

              > Bruce Hallman wrote:
              >
              > > Pretty boat. The EBay listing says that it is 'one of a kind'
              > > but if I am not mistaken, I think another Fancy was built
              > > and photos taken by John Kohnen are here:
              >
              > It also refers to it as a 'vintage' boat - it was apparently built
              in
              > the 80's (1980's!). So OLD!
              >
              > Chris
              Chris, you need to look up the word Vintage

              "A year, or period of origin" IE 1980s

              "Characterized by excellence, maturity, and enduring appeal"
            • Chris Lasdauskas
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 3, 2005
                d_borawski wrote:

                > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, Chris Lasdauskas <cml@t...> wrote:
                >

                >>Bruce Hallman wrote:
                >>

                >>>Pretty boat. The EBay listing says that it is 'one of a kind'
                >>>but if I am not mistaken, I think another Fancy was built
                >>>and photos taken by John Kohnen are here:
                >>
                >>It also refers to it as a 'vintage' boat - it was apparently built
                >
                > in
                >
                >>the 80's (1980's!). So OLD!
                >>
                >>Chris
                >
                > Chris, you need to look up the word Vintage
                >
                > "A year, or period of origin" IE 1980s
                >
                > "Characterized by excellence, maturity, and enduring appeal"

                Yup, and when used with 'car', for instance, it means "built between
                1919 and 1930".

                I suspect the advertiser means 'old-fashioned looking'.

                Chris
              • Larry Whited
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 4, 2005
                  I saw her at last years Port Townsend Boat Show where the photo was
                  taken. For more pics of that show you might find my web site
                  interesting.
                  http://www.seapearlboats.org/html/port_townsend_boat_show.html
                  What a great experience that was for three days.
                  Larry

                  > > Philip Bolgers Boat, "Fancy" Is for sale on Ebay. Just look under
                  > > Bolger Boat, or the item # is 6536851094
                  >
                  > Pretty boat. The EBay listing says that it is 'one of a kind'
                  > but if I am not mistaken, I think another Fancy was built
                  > and photos taken by John Kohnen are here:
                  >
                  > http://www.boat-links.com/PT/PT2000/Truancy-1.jpg
                  > http://www.boat-links.com/PT/PT2000/Truancy-2.jpg
                • borawski Dennis
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 5, 2005
                    Hi Larry, "Fancy" have been in storage for years. You
                    did not see her In Port Townsend.

                    http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
                  • jhkohnen@boat-links.com
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jun 5, 2005
                      I didn't see Truancy last year at the PT festival, where was she? There are
                      just too many beautiful boats to look at there... :o) Too bad you didn't
                      join us for brunch Saturday. It's become a tradition for a bunch of boat
                      nuts who initially met on the 'net to meet for brunch at 10:00 Saturday
                      morning at the Otter Crossing cafe. It started out as a bunch of Bolger Boat
                      nuts, but it's more general now. I think we overwhelmed the Otter Crossing
                      last year! <g>

                      --
                      John <jkohnen@...>
                      http://www.boat-links.com/
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jun 5, 2005
                        He's talking about Truancy, another boat built to the design.

                        On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 06:37:11 -0700 (PDT), Dennis wrote:
                        > Hi Larry, "Fancy" have been in storage for years. You
                        > did not see her In Port Townsend.
                        > > >
                        > > > http://www.boat-links.com/PT/PT2000/Truancy-1.jpg
                        > > > http://www.boat-links.com/PT/PT2000/Truancy-2.jpg

                        --
                        John <jkohnen@...>
                        http://www.boat-links.com/
                        Show me a man who has enjoyed his school days and I'll show you a
                        bully and a bore. <Robert Morley>