Bernie's Idaho

    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 1, 2005
      I don't think I have shared this picture before,
      from an old MAIB classified advertisement.

      http://hallman.org/bolger/Idaho/BerniesIdaho.jpg

      It was Idaho that first called to my attention the
      unconventional thinking of Phil Bolger, and it
      still bend my mind to see how and that he
      would design an economical and ergonomical
      boat for wheelchaired use. Is there another
      boat design in the world that meets such unusual
      design criteria? Even including cockpit rail shape
      and cleat placements to allow one to lift and swing
      from wheelchair on the marina float into the boat
      efficiently, plus fore and aft access for single handed
      boat handling and wheelchair friendly potty, sleeping
      arrangement, etc..

      Not to mention, that the boat is good looking to boot.